Sunday, April 14, 2013

Robert Rodriguez with Blackberry 10: On the beauty and power of Creativity

Robert Rodriguez alongside Kobe Bryant at TroubleMaker Studios
Ever since 'Once upon a time in Mexico' and watching Robert Rodriguez's 'Ten Minute Film School' I've looked up to him as a rolemodel. His resourcefulness, independence and undeniability spoke to me. I liked how he wore different hats creatively, something I aspired to in my own design. I've included a TroubleMaker studio tour in Austin on the bucket list for the 30HomeGames mission.

VIDEO: BlackBerry 10 & Robert Rodriguez - Project Green Screen
ROBERT RODRIGUEZ: When you're saying you want to be a filmmaker, you're saying you want to communicate. It goes beyond the technological, it goes into that realm of creativity, of storytelling. How you got there, whether you used a digital camera or a phone. It doesn't matter. Its the idea that rules at the end of the day. You shouldn't even move forward if you feel too comfortable, cuz you're wasting your time. You wanna be challenged, you wanna do stuff where you don't know how you're going to pull it off.

I lead a creative life and when you lead a creative life you can't help but be happy. Everything that you do is about discovery, creating and being inspired by something and entertaining people and yourself. I don't think I've worked a day in my life. I thought I've always been playing. People say "You make so many movies, why do you work so hard?". Change that question to play and ask that question again. I've done a lot but its only the beginning. There's so much more to do, there's so many more things that can scare you. That you can take on and discover...

No comments:

Post a Comment